For 4 people as a side dish, for 2-3 people as a main course:
- 125g couscous
- 100 g peas
- 2 carrots
- 100 g chickpeas
- 1-2 shallots
- 1 teaspoon Ras el Hanout, turmeric and crushed coriander
- Salt, pepper, chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons Date Balsamic Vinegar + 1 tbsp extra
- 3 tbsp olive oil + 2 tbsp extra
- half bunch of plain parsley and mint
- 2 tbsp almonds
- 5-6 fresh dates
- 200 g halloumi, + 1 tbsp olive oil for searing
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees top / bottom heat.
- Boil the couscous once in twice the volume of water, then turn off the oven and let it stand with the lid closed until the liquid is completely absorbed.Loosen the couscous with a fork and place in a bowl.
- Wash, clean and halve the peas.Blanch in boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes, then quench under ice-cold water. Drain well and add to the couscous in the bowl.
- Peel carrots and cut into fine trips, rinse chickpeas under cold water and drain well.Peel the shallots, halve lengthwise and cut across into thin strips. Put everything in a fireproof mold and mix with the spices, 2 tablespoons the Date Balsamic Vinegar and 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Cook in preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes until carrots are tender.Stir occasionally. Then remove from the oven and add the vegetables to the couscous in the bowl. Carefully mix together.
- Wash parsley and mint, shake dry, peel off the leaves and finely chop. Also to couscous.
- Chop almonds roughly and stir-fry in a small nonstick pan until they turn slightly brown.Core dates, cut into small pieces and add to the couscous with the roasted almonds. Mix all ingredients carefully and season again with salt, pepper, 1 tbsp Date Balsamic Vinegar and 1-2 tbsp olive oil.
- Cut the halloumi into slices of about 0.5 cm and fry in 1 tablespoon of olive oil over high heat from both sides until the cheese is lightly browned. Serve on the couscous and serve. Serve, warm, lukewarm or cold.
Recipe by Sonja; cook, baker and author of Madame Cuisine.
(Translated from German) https://www.madamecuisine.de/marokkanischer-couscous-mit-dattel-balsam/
- 標籤: Recipe